Health benefits of bike riding
Stop and consider the health benefits of an electric bike and they could take you by surprise. Cycling is good for you, we’ve know that for ages at Westhill Bikes and want to pass this vital piece of news to our customers. Therefore, this blog highlights the principle benefits of cycling, whether you use a standard bike or take the sensible stance and buy an e-bike. The main health benefits of bike riding are:
- Stamina increase – If you haven’t been cycling or done any form of physical exercise for a while you might find you run out of puff fairly quickly when you first ride a bike again. This sudden shock to your system is due to a lack of stamina. The more you ride the more your stamina increases and the further you should be able to cycle without electric assistance in the future.
- Improve cardio-vascular function – Your heart gets a really good workout when you ride a bike, especially when you ride the cycle up an incline. This is good for the heart, it’s a muscle and it needs exercise, go on a regular bike ride and you’ll be doing your bit to improve the function of your cardio-vascular system
- Burn calories – Biking burns tons of calories. Ride steadily for an hour or so and you can shift anywhere up to 300 calories in one go. Use cycling to lose weight, you’ll find it’s bags of fun and if you find you are really struggling you can always revert to battery power on an electric bike.
- Tone muscles – Cycling is good for toning up leg muscle, your thighs, hips, legs and bum start to ‘firm-up’ once you have been riding regularly for a while.
- Build strength – It’s great for building up strength too. You’ll notice your legs feel a little weak initially but they’ll soon start to feel stronger and your core strength is improved too!
Want to get fitter? Start cycling and feel the difference with a Westhill bike.